Solvency II Directive
Solvency II comes into effect on 1 January 2016 and examinations
will be reflective of the Directive from 1 May 2016.
The Insurance Act 2015
The Insurance Act 2015 comes into effect on 12 August 2016 and
examinations will be reflective of the Act from 1 October 2016.
- On 23 June 2016, the UK voted to leave the European Union
- The UK Government invoked 'Article 50' of the Lisbon Treaty on
29 March 2017. In doing so, the two-year negotiation period which
will result in Britain leaving the EU began. This means that, at
the time of publication, the UK's membership of the EU will cease
on 29 March 2019.
- Until this final 'withdrawal agreement' is entered into, the UK
will continue to be a full member of the EU, compliant with all
current rules and regulations, and firms must continue to abide by
their obligations under UK law, including those derived from the
EU, and continue with the implementation of all legislation
that is still to come into effect.
- The longer term impact of the decision to leave the EU on the
UK's overall regulatory framework will depend, in part, on the
relationship agreed between the UK Government and the EU to replace
the UK's current membership at the end of the 'Article 50'
- Please note: The UK decision to leave the
European Union will have no impact on the 2017- 2018 CII syllabuses
or exams. Changes that may affect future exam syllabuses will be
announced as they arise.