Designed in consultation with London Market practitioners, the CII Level 3 Award in London Market Insurance provides an essential grounding for new entrants to the market, or those who have dealings with it. The Award provides a broad understanding of insurance process and practice across the London market as well as detailed understanding of technical topics.
Read the Award in London Market Insurance specification
Who it's for
- Employees of London Market insurers and reinsurers;
- Employees of broking firms placing business in the London Market;
- Lloyd's managing agents and Lloyd's members' agents;
- Coverholders anywhere in the world whose business is underwritten in London; and
- Professional service organisations such as lawyers, accountants, actuaries and loss adjusters.
The Award comprises two compulsory unit from the CII insurance qualifications framework, providing a total of 25 credits upon successful completion.
- (LM1) London market insurance essentials; (10 credits) and
- (LM2) London market insurance principles and practices (15 credits).
See the ‘Key information’ overlay to the right of this page for full details.
Limitations to gaining credits for LM1 and LM2
Due to the extent of syllabus overlap, if you already hold existing Lloyd's and London Market qualifications or withdrawn CII exam units you may not be able to gain further credits by sitting LM1 and/or LM2. Candidates may still choose to sit LM1 and/or LM2 in these circumstances, either to update their knowledge in this area, or in order to achieve the Award in London Market Insurance.
Find out more about recognition of London Market qualifications in the CII framework here.
A range of study materials are available, including: study texts, revision aids, ebooks and key fact booklets. For full unit availability, click the unit links to the right of this page.